Sunday 9 August 2015

Photography | Shoreditch London


I think I would be right in saying that Shoreditch is a photographer's heaven. Vibrant graffiti splattering crumbled walls, band stickers plastered to the insides of signposts and sprawling tunnels, little pop-up shops selling all sorts of weird and wonderful crap from garden gnomes holding up the middle finger (I was half tempted to buy one but didn't) to vintage candle holders, to activated charcoal water (I know, it sounds disgusting. But the lady there very kindly gave us a free sample and believe it or not, it was delicious and tasted kind of like cloudy lemonade.) Not that I'm a photographer, but I was in heaven, literally.





I loved this wall - I think about a quarter of my camera roll is from here.
It actually said more than just 'good' and there were illustrations as well
but I couldn't get the whole phrase in the shot as I only had my macro lens with me,
and it zooms in quite a lot



xoxo

P.S
I thought I would also share with you how I edited one of my photos - this is not how I edit every one obviously, but I liked the 3 stages of this process and thought it looked quite nice and straight-forward.

This is the original:

Brightness, contrast, exposure all raised on Photoshop
Red and pink undertones enhanced:

Enhanced on iPhoto and Colour Splash added:

2 comments:

  1. These photos are so cool, a really unique portrayal of Shoreditch! I love the contrasting textures!
    Anna x
    www.collectionsofimperfections.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - you have no idea how happy that just made me!
      Robbi xo

      Delete